Sunday, May 03, 2009

Weekend Update...

I am taking a break with trip pictures and gonna post a few from today.
We had a wonderful weekend with amazing weather! Friday night we had Bible study. Saturday, Shane had Top Gun, then changed the oil in the mower and mowed the lawn. We also made a trip to our local green house and picked up 4 different kinds of tomato plants and we also got a few banana pepper plants to try out this year. Then we went to Menards. I wanted to show Shane the tree I was wanting and see if I could twist his arm into getting it....no twisting was even needed! We paid for it, but had them hold it to see if we could have someone help us haul it.
This morning we went to church and small group. J.C. from our small group was nice enough to go with Shane and pick up our tree! (thanks again!) We then ate lunch and headed back to Menards to pick up a few more things we needed to get to put the tree in the ground!

Also, today Emma turned 8 months old! Wow, can you believe that! She is turning into such a funny girl! She is always happy, sits up great, is learning to wave 'bye bye', and talks/screams up a storm, she just loves to scream, my ears are usually ringing by the end of the day! Today at church, she screamed so loud, Pastor Dan paused from his sermon to comment (thats when we headed to the cry room)!

Emma this morning after I washed her hair!

She looked so cute with the towel on her head...she even giggled!

While we ate lunch she had a 'wipe party'...where she proceeded to pull out wipes one by one...she has always had this obsession with her wipes! Silly girl
I think she thought it was a magic trick! She had 15 out by the time daddy spoiled the fun!

Now for tree planting pics:

The before
I haven't decided if I will use the whiskey barrel somewhere else in our landscaping (its not really my thing) or put it on freecycle.

Emma enjoyed sitting in her stroller while we worked



The after...plus one cute kid!

The tree is a Prairie Fire Crab Apple


Us with the very first tree we have planted!
Our neighbor, Joy, was out and was kind enough to take our picture!
Today was evidence that Muscatine is really becoming our home...the few hours we were outside we had several honks and waves from friends, which included: the Tjebkes, Ann & Pete, Heidi, Greg Oakes, and a split second wave to Karen Britcher I think...and I am sure I am forgeting some (they will come to me as soon as I hit publish on this post)!


No comments: