Shane and I had our 28 week prenatal check-up on Friday. It was time for the gestational diabetes test, which came back negative. But they did find that I was anemic, so I am now taking an iron supplement as well as my prenatal vitamin.
We were also surprised with having another ultrasound. My doctor said she wasn't completely convinced with the report from the last ultrasound that my placenta had moved enough, so she went ahead and performed a vaginal one herself. The placenta did appear to have moved enough. Baby Emma also has flipped head down now, so that is also good news! I had wondered if she did, cuz it has felt like I had feet in my ribs the past week!
On Saturday, I found out that I had been around a child that was diagnosed with fifths disease, so I go back to the hospital tomorrow to have a blood test to see if I am immune. I am sure there is nothing to worry about even if I am not immune since I am so far along in my pregnancy.
We start going to the doctor now every 2 weeks, so our next appointment is 6/27/08.
Below our some pics of the smallest frogs I have ever seen in my life! After our doctor appointment on Friday, we went to Subway for lunch and in the parking lot were dozens of these little frogs! Of course, I had to catch a few! (my husband thought it was quite humorous, watching a pregnant lady bend over trying to catch little frogs, especially in front of a packed Subway, where people were staring at me!) I have never seen a frog or toad at our house here, so I let them go in our lawn, hoping they will stick around!
We were also surprised with having another ultrasound. My doctor said she wasn't completely convinced with the report from the last ultrasound that my placenta had moved enough, so she went ahead and performed a vaginal one herself. The placenta did appear to have moved enough. Baby Emma also has flipped head down now, so that is also good news! I had wondered if she did, cuz it has felt like I had feet in my ribs the past week!
On Saturday, I found out that I had been around a child that was diagnosed with fifths disease, so I go back to the hospital tomorrow to have a blood test to see if I am immune. I am sure there is nothing to worry about even if I am not immune since I am so far along in my pregnancy.
We start going to the doctor now every 2 weeks, so our next appointment is 6/27/08.
Below our some pics of the smallest frogs I have ever seen in my life! After our doctor appointment on Friday, we went to Subway for lunch and in the parking lot were dozens of these little frogs! Of course, I had to catch a few! (my husband thought it was quite humorous, watching a pregnant lady bend over trying to catch little frogs, especially in front of a packed Subway, where people were staring at me!) I have never seen a frog or toad at our house here, so I let them go in our lawn, hoping they will stick around!


1 comment:
Your story cracked me up!!! I can just picture you doing that! They are pretty cute. Thanks for updating us! Stay on high ground!
Post a Comment