Wow, its hard to believe I have hit 36 weeks! Shane and I had our appointment today. We saw our doctor's new partner. Our doctor is on vacation and she wanted us to meet with her partners at least once, since if we go into labor during the night, whoever is on call will deliver the baby. She has a hard to pronounce last name, so she said to just call her Dr. Anna. I am not sure what nationality she is, but has a very thick accent. She was really nice and funny and spent a lot of time with us. Of course, I really 'got' to know her at this appointment b/c I had to have my strep B test done, and she also checked my cervix. Which I am happy to report is softening and I am dilated at a 1...I know, not a lot to report, but its progress and thats all I am happy about. The baby has dropped lower into my pelvis, but not completely. So I would say we are on track, and don't see us delivering before our due date (sorry, sis!). And as strange as it sounds, it would be really weird to have an August baby, when the last 8 months I have been planning on a September baby!
Dr. Anna did order us an Ultrasound for next week. She said I was measuring a little small (but the baby is growing) and with my low weight gain during this pregnancy, she would just like to make sure the baby doesn't get too big for me to deliver and she would like to check on where the placenta is lying one more time, to make sure it is high enough.
She also said the constant numbness in my left thigh that I have been experiencing for 2 weeks is ok. I wasn't too worried, I figured the baby was now sitting on a nerve, and she confirmed that.
Below is my 36 week photo
I went from everyone at work last week saying "oh, you are finally showing," to this week saying "you look like you are gonna pop."
It was the 36 week mark that I gave myself before I would allow myself to take the tags off and wash all of Emma's blankets, bedding and clothes! So thats what I did after our appointment during the afternoon! There was alot more to wash than I expected! And I only washed her newborn to 3 month old clothes! And Emma sure has a ton of blankets (I don't know how she will ever pick a favorite 'B' to always have with her).
Dr. Anna did order us an Ultrasound for next week. She said I was measuring a little small (but the baby is growing) and with my low weight gain during this pregnancy, she would just like to make sure the baby doesn't get too big for me to deliver and she would like to check on where the placenta is lying one more time, to make sure it is high enough.
She also said the constant numbness in my left thigh that I have been experiencing for 2 weeks is ok. I wasn't too worried, I figured the baby was now sitting on a nerve, and she confirmed that.
Below is my 36 week photo
I went from everyone at work last week saying "oh, you are finally showing," to this week saying "you look like you are gonna pop."It was the 36 week mark that I gave myself before I would allow myself to take the tags off and wash all of Emma's blankets, bedding and clothes! So thats what I did after our appointment during the afternoon! There was alot more to wash than I expected! And I only washed her newborn to 3 month old clothes! And Emma sure has a ton of blankets (I don't know how she will ever pick a favorite 'B' to always have with her).

Of course, Bella had to nap on the ottoman I made while I sat on the floor and sorted and cut tags off. Its the perfect height for her to see out the window. I think she has claimed her spot in Emma's room!
I had to show Shane the dryer lent, I had never cleaned out such pink lent from the dryer vent before!I also checked off a few other things from our list this week...I hung the blinds in Emma's room, got our address numbers up on the house, cleaned and organized my kitchen cabinets, cleaned the office,and took 2 car loads of stuff to be recycled. Unfortunately, we also thought of 5 more things to add to the list...so I am kinda making progress!
On Thursday, we had our last birthing class...this one was on breast feeding. So I suppose we should be ready to go...if being ready is actually ever possible!
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment