Friday, August 29, 2008

39 Weeks Pregnant!

Wow, I am now 39 weeks pregnant! Hard to believe!
Our 39 week prenatal appointment was the one we had on Monday...she wanted to start seeing me at the beginning of the week, rather than the end.
So our next appointment is on Tuesday, September 2nd.
I definitely 'feel' 39 weeks pregnant! Sleep has pretty much been impossible due to the constant back and hip pain, and leg cramps!
I lost my mucus plug this morning when I got up (I don't know how much is too much information for some of my blog readers...but I guess thats the risk you take reading my blog...ha, ha!). Unfortunately, losing your mucus plug pretty much means nothing...labor can be hours to weeks away still!

Shane and I made the hard decision of not going home for his sister, Lindsey's wedding.
We are really bummed. But after much thought and prayer, we decided it was best that we did not make the trip. I have felt like crap that past several days and have been nausea, so between that and the back pain, we didn't know how I would do riding in the car for 600+ miles! And our doctor had said she preferred we stayed home and 'nest'!
We would have loved to been at the wedding and seen our family, especially since we probably won't make it all the way home now until Christmas time!

My power cords arrived yesterday and they work! So I am now back on my laptop! Yeah!

Other news:
Bella has an abscess on her back! Shane was petting her last night before we went to bed and noticed something on her back, and after kinda rubbing to see what it was, it broke open and oozed pus out! So now I am worried about that, even though its probably not much. I called the vet this morning and they said they should take a look at it and will probably need to shave the hair around it to keep it from getting infected. It doesn't really seem to bother Bella or hurt, but it was more puffy around the area today than last night. So I would rather treat it before it gets infected, than to wait and see if it does and end up having her to have an IV and all sorts of other things!
I take her in tomorrow at 8:45am and she is not gonna be happy with me. Bella hates the vet, as soon as I pull into the parking lot she starts to shake, and refuses to get out of the car, I always have to pick her up and carry her inside cuz she won't even walk in the door! And then she just shakes like a leaf the entire time! Poor thing! I had to take her on Monday for her booster for her vaccine she got 3 weeks ago, and when we left I promised her that she wouldn't have to go back for another year! If I feel horrible watching my poor dog get shots, etc done...I don't know how I am gonna react when Emma has to have shots!

Well, that is about it for now! The washer just quit so I should go put those clothes in the dryer and start another load! I have been trying to stay busy! I cleaned the ceiling fans yesterday, and hung blinds in Shane and I's room, and worked on September's budget. So today is laundry, the grocery store, and maybe get some movies for the weekend (so I have something to watch while Shane watches football...yeah, did I forget to mention that college football season started last night...if you know my husband, then you know how elated he is!)


1 comment:

Hughes' said...

Hey Kate,

Glad you see you're finding ways to keep busy. It must be driving you NUTS! Jon says that he hopes you find your mucus plug. HA! Miss you and praying for you!

H