Today marks my 38th week of being pregnant! Wow, thats hard to believe! We actually had our 38th week prenatal appointment on Wednesday. It was pretty routine. We met the other doctor that could delivery the baby if thats who is on call when I go into labor. She was nice. She listened to the heartbeat, which is still going good and strong. She asked if I was having a lot of pelvic pressure, I said "Yes!", she said she would think so since she could put an entire hand between the top of my uterus and the baby's butt! She didn't measure me, since it doesn't really tell much now that the baby has dropped. I told her how I have been feeling and her response was that she might be seeing me this weekend (she is on call)! She said everything has started, its just a matter of when baby Emma decides she wants to come.
You would think that would be encouraging news...except if you are a 38 week pregnant woman! Yeah, I could have this baby this weekend...but in reality, I could also still be pregnant 2 weeks from now! And I think its a lot more realistic that I will still be pregnant in 2 weeks! They say these last weeks are the hardest and feel the longest!
I did not sleep well at all last night, and have felt horrible all day, kinda like I have the flu. Which I read is normal in these last weeks before labor. I even took Bella for a walk, hoping that would make me feel better...I felt worse...so I took a long shower (which usually makes me feel better)...I felt worse! So now my poor husband gets to spend the entire weekend with me!
We decided not to do anything this weekend (as in terms of work!) and just relax. This could be our last weekend together at home (since we plan to go to Lindsey's wedding next weekend).
Shane came home from work and offered to take me to get a movie and some supper and just hang out together tonight! So I am waiting for him to change! So I will end my post here! I will leave you with a few 38 week pregnancy pics Shane took of me last night!

You would think that would be encouraging news...except if you are a 38 week pregnant woman! Yeah, I could have this baby this weekend...but in reality, I could also still be pregnant 2 weeks from now! And I think its a lot more realistic that I will still be pregnant in 2 weeks! They say these last weeks are the hardest and feel the longest!
I did not sleep well at all last night, and have felt horrible all day, kinda like I have the flu. Which I read is normal in these last weeks before labor. I even took Bella for a walk, hoping that would make me feel better...I felt worse...so I took a long shower (which usually makes me feel better)...I felt worse! So now my poor husband gets to spend the entire weekend with me!
We decided not to do anything this weekend (as in terms of work!) and just relax. This could be our last weekend together at home (since we plan to go to Lindsey's wedding next weekend).
Shane came home from work and offered to take me to get a movie and some supper and just hang out together tonight! So I am waiting for him to change! So I will end my post here! I will leave you with a few 38 week pregnancy pics Shane took of me last night!



p.s. Don't be surprised if I post a lot this next week...it will probably be mostly rambling...but I don't have much to do now, other than wait for baby Emma to arrive. I have pretty much cleaned, organized and washed everything I can think of!
p.p.s Our next appointment is on Monday...in which my doctor will check me to see if I have dilated, so I will post an update then. Oh it could be a long week if I am still at only a 1!
1 comment:
Hi KT, You really need to have Shane take a picture of you from behind, I'm telling you that from behind, you don't look pregnant at all!! Best wishes on everything with the baby. Keep us all updated at the office. Can't wait to meet baby Emma!!
Post a Comment