Shane and I had our 37 week prenatal checkup this Friday, as well as an ultrasound. They estimate that baby Emma weighs 5lbs 9oz (give or take a 1lb). She looked healthy and everything looked good. We got a picture of her foot that constantly keeps jabbing out my left side (I think she thinks that is the exit and is trying to kick her way out!) We got a couple face shots, but they are hard to see anything b/c she had her arm resting up by her face and it was casting a shadow across her face.
My doctor checked me and I am dilated a full 1. And she said the symptoms I have been having are promising, and that I could go anytime between now and 3 weeks. I am not counting on going early...I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the long hall! I have been getting increasingly more uncomfortable and have had a lot of Braxton Hicks/false labor contractions that keep getting more intense. Sleeping is getting much harder! We go back to the doctor on Wednesday, and will see my doctor's other partner that day, then we will have met all the possible doctors that could actually delivery the baby. Our doctor also had us schedule our 39 week appointment for the 25th, at which time we will assess how I am feeling and progressing and see if going to Lindsey's wedding will still be a possibility.
I got Emma's diaper bag all packed, and most of my bag packed. I still need to pick up a few things I forgot. I plan to pick up some snack food tomorrow at the grocery store to take with us as well. I spent this week cleaning out the storage closet, which I am getting close to being done. I have a few totes that I still need to go thru. I also made a trip to the outlet mall on Wednesday, and stopped at Target and Petco to pick up some things. (My mother told me that had to be my last trip out of town without my husband! I guess I just won't tell her if I go anywhere :)
Shane and I had a good weekend. We had Bible study Friday night. Then on Saturday, Shane got up and went to work at 7:30am to catch up on things and came home a little after noon. I spent the morning picking up the house and doing laundry. We then ate lunch and headed to the QC to pick up 10 more bags of 'surface bonding cement'. We also stopped at Baby Beginnings to pick up Emma's baby book that had been on back order, picked up a few things at Sam's Club, and made a trip to JcPenney to get Shane a white dress shirt and tie for Lindsey's wedding. I am hoping the black maternity dress I have that I wore when I was 28 weeks pregnant still fits!
Today we spent working in the basement. We are getting closer to being done! Below are a few pictures from today.
My doctor checked me and I am dilated a full 1. And she said the symptoms I have been having are promising, and that I could go anytime between now and 3 weeks. I am not counting on going early...I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the long hall! I have been getting increasingly more uncomfortable and have had a lot of Braxton Hicks/false labor contractions that keep getting more intense. Sleeping is getting much harder! We go back to the doctor on Wednesday, and will see my doctor's other partner that day, then we will have met all the possible doctors that could actually delivery the baby. Our doctor also had us schedule our 39 week appointment for the 25th, at which time we will assess how I am feeling and progressing and see if going to Lindsey's wedding will still be a possibility.
I got Emma's diaper bag all packed, and most of my bag packed. I still need to pick up a few things I forgot. I plan to pick up some snack food tomorrow at the grocery store to take with us as well. I spent this week cleaning out the storage closet, which I am getting close to being done. I have a few totes that I still need to go thru. I also made a trip to the outlet mall on Wednesday, and stopped at Target and Petco to pick up some things. (My mother told me that had to be my last trip out of town without my husband! I guess I just won't tell her if I go anywhere :)
Shane and I had a good weekend. We had Bible study Friday night. Then on Saturday, Shane got up and went to work at 7:30am to catch up on things and came home a little after noon. I spent the morning picking up the house and doing laundry. We then ate lunch and headed to the QC to pick up 10 more bags of 'surface bonding cement'. We also stopped at Baby Beginnings to pick up Emma's baby book that had been on back order, picked up a few things at Sam's Club, and made a trip to JcPenney to get Shane a white dress shirt and tie for Lindsey's wedding. I am hoping the black maternity dress I have that I wore when I was 28 weeks pregnant still fits!
Today we spent working in the basement. We are getting closer to being done! Below are a few pictures from today.
Me building up my arm muscles!Tomorrow my rocker/recliner is suppose to be delivered! Yes, you read right...I might actually get my rocker/recliner tomorrow! Its suppose to be here between 10-11am! I will try and post a picture tomorrow night!
I have a list of things I want to get done this week and Thursday is my last day at work! Its so hard to believe that August is half over and that Emma will be in my arms soon (I cry just thinking about it!!!) I am getting very excited to see what she looks like and to see if she has hair!
Well, its off to bed for me! Hope you all had a good weekend and that God blesses you with a wonderful week and beautiful weather! We all have so much to be thankful for!


1 comment:
Oh my gosh, Katie!!!! You look SOOOO cute! We are excited for Emma's arrival! Thinking and praying for you!
Post a Comment